The President's proposed budget provides support for the federal nutrition programs and anti-hunger efforts, including:
- Restoration of cuts to SNAP/food stamps made last December to partially finance Child Nutrition Reauthorization,
- Suspension of a restriction that caps food stamp benefits to certain adults trying to meet program work requirements
- Support for WIC,
- New funding for school breakfast expansion grants,
- Restoration of cuts to emergency food,
- Support for state and local anti-hunger efforts,
- Funds for the Congressional Hunger Center, and
- Support for the Healthy Food Financing Initiative, and effort to combat food deserts.
To learn more about funding for the Department of Agriculture, please visit the White House (here) and/or the Food Research and Action Center (here).