Statewide anti-hunger organization seeks new media and communications specialist for Albany-based position. The communications specialist will assist in food stamp benefit outreach and applicant assistance efforts in Nassau and Suffolk counties as part of a collaborative project. Join a team dedicated to helping hungry New Yorkers enroll in the Food Stamp Program. Our organization needs someone who can work independently but collaborate well as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be good at multi-tasking and be able to work well under tight deadlines.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement new/social media strategy to raise awareness of the Food Stamp Program on Long Island.
- Develop content and implement web-based advertising strategies.
- Develop messaging to raise awareness of nutrition assistance programs.
- Staff bi-lingual "Help Line" fielding calls from Long Islanders seeking assistance applying for food stamps.
Education and Skills
- Associates degree with 2 years communications or marketing experience
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Excellent phone manners
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience and use of social media platforms such as facebook, twitter and google+
- Familiarity with working with multiple media including print, radio and advertising
- General marketing experience
- Familiarity with poverty issues
- Familiarity of project's target populations of newly unemployed, older adults, immigrants, and single heads of households working poor families.
Candidates who have the following experience are strongly encouraged to apply:
- extensive social media campaign experience
- experience with Constant Contact email marketing, Abobe Creative Suite or Concrete 5 web editing
- English-Spanish bilingual
Reports to: Director, Advocacy and Communications
$30,000 + Fully paid company benefits, including health, dental, life, short and long-term disability. Company matched retirement plan is available after 6 months of employment. Other options available.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume, two writing samples and 3 professional references to jobs@HungerSolutionsNY.org no later than January 27, 2012.